Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Introducing...A Parent's Perspective

Today I am very excited to announce a new weekly feature on my blog: A Parent's Perspective! Every Wednesday I will be featuring a family with a child (or children) with special needs to share their perspective on the therapy process, share their favorite resources, and of course, share pictures of their fantastic kids!

I have several goals that I hope this feature will accomplish:
1. Provide therapists with a parent's perspective on the therapy process, which will hopefully help therapists become more empathetic and reflective in their practice.
2. Connect parents of children with special needs to other parents in a similar situation.
3. Allow parents and professionals to share their favorite resources that make life a little easier.

So, let's get this started! First up, the fabulous Allie, from Having a Fields Day!
 

If you are the parent of a child with special needs and are interested in participating in this series, please email me at AbbyPediatricOT [at] gmail [dot] com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy: