Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Features

This week I...

- Introduced my new weekly feature, A Parent's Perspective. I've been thinking about creating some sort of feature to help families share their thoughts on therapy with therapists. I'm so excited that I have moved from thinking about starting a series, to actually doing it! In case you missed the debut, Allie, from Having a Fields Day, was kind enough to be the first parent featured. Click here to check it out and then come back next Wednesday to meet another family! If you are interested in being featured on A Parent's Perspective, please send me an email: AbbyPediatricOT [at] gmail [dot] com.

- Submitted my application my Massachusetts Occupational Therapy license. This move is coming up fast!

- Put a profile picture on my blog. Yes, I am a real person!

- Started using Twitter more consistently and I'm going to try to keep it up. Follow me @AbbyPediatricOT


Friday Features Links:

- MamaOT is on a roll with her blog posts! This week check out her 15 toys for baby's first year. This is a very useful list for new parents, therapists working in EI, or anyone shopping for a little one!

- Check out this guide to some simple DIY therapy equipment from We Can Do All Things. Useful for parents and therapists. I especially love the simple balance beam.

- Embrace Your Chaos has a great oral motor activity: Sensory-Motor "Awesomeness" with Glitter. I'm definitely going to have to try this!

2 comments:

  1. I noticed your cute little picture on your profile =)

    I emailed some of my special needs mom blog friends to let them know to come over here and check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete

You might also enjoy: