Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Features

This week I...
- Did a lot of work on some upcoming blog projects. I don't have much to show for it right now (on my blog at least), but hopefully I will soon!


- Got my haircut and missed a great opportunity to explain what occupational therapy is to my hairdresser when she asked me where I work. My excuse is that I was tired and I just wanted to sit there and relax while she did her thing, so I gave her a kind of short, vague answer about where I work. Lame, I know, but don't tell me you've never done the same thing. Anyway, I read this post the next day and it got me thinking. The author challenges occupational therapists to educate one person per week for the month of July about what an occupational therapist is, what we do, and the different areas in which we practice. Are you up to the challenge?

Friday Features Links:
- OT blog alert! Check out Mama OT for tips and tricks for those who care for children. The author of this blog shares helpful tidbits she has learned as both a new mother and pediatric OT.


- With the Fourth of July fast approaching, check out these tips from an OT for Putting the Fun Back into the Fourth of July.

1 comment:

  1. I pass on opportunities to educate every now and then too, mostly for my sanity. Sometimes I just don't feel like talking about special needs stuff. As long as we don't pass every opportunity, I think it's okay =)

    ReplyDelete

You might also enjoy: