Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Features

This week I...
- Tried to get back into my work/blogging/regular life routine after all of the wedding/honeymoon excitement. An 18 hour power outage yesterday threw me off a little (ok, maybe a lot), but the power is back on and I think I'm settling back into regular life.

- Started a new blog feature, What's in Season? This will hopefully be a somewhat regular post about ways to expose the children in your life to tasty foods. Check out my first post all about blueberries here.

- Was contacted by Andrew Waite, associate editor of OT Practice, to be interviewed for an upcoming article. It was a fun experience to share my thoughts on what I look for in an employer, and a good time to reflect on this topic, since I will be moving and searching for a new job this fall. When I asked Andrew how he finds OTs to interview, he said that he looks on OTConnections for active members. Just another reason to use the forums on OTConnections. Maybe you'll get interviewed and get your name in print!

- Started working on a new blog feature that will hopefully help therapists and parents better understand each other. Keep an eye for this new series on my blog!

Friday Features Links:
- Here's some food for thought for parents and therapists, Too Much Therapy, Not Enough Love. While the title of the article seems a bit harsh to me, it does bring up a good point about the need for parents to spend quality time with their children. Another reminder that therapy one time a week doesn't do much without parent involvement and carryover the rest of the week. (I should probably apologize to parents in advance, since the parents that blog and search the web for ways to help their children, are already aware of the need to be involved :-)

- As school based therapists are wrapping up the end of the school year, Your Therapy Source has written 10 Questions to Ask Yourself At the End of the School Year. The end of the school year is always a good time to reflect about the previous year and plan for the next to be even better!

- And in honor of Father's Day this weekend, Ellen at Love That Max has a guest post by Halfdan W. Freihow, father of a child with autism, 7 things you didn't know about a special needs dad. Mom's often take on a big portion of the therapy duties, so it's good to hear a father's point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy: