Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday Features

~Thank you 101 OT Ideas for bringing this great resource to my attention! The National Museum of Dentistry has created a FREE guide, Healthy Smiles for Autism, to empower parents of children with autism to establish a healthy oral hygiene routine and to prepare their children for a visit to the dentist. This 36-page guide contains facts and tips (including tips for behavior modification and sensory modification), visual sequencing cards (for brushing, flossing, and visiting the dentist), and social stories (I Can Brush My Teeth, I Can Floss My Teeth , and My Visit to the Dentist). This is a great resource for parents! I highly recommend that you check it out and pass it on to families you work with!

~More dental information! The Autism Treatment Network has created a Tool Kit for Dental Professionals. The purpose of this tool kit is to help dentists, dental hygienists and their office staff better serve children with autism. You can download a copy here

~OT students at Western Michigan University are working with families of finicky feeders. I am so glad to see OT programs teaching students about feeding issue and providing students with opportunities to get hands on experience. 

~And last but not least, US News and World Report has named occupational therapy as one of the best jobs of 2012! But we already knew that, didn't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy: