Monday, October 31, 2011

Clothespin Spiders

Happy Halloween!

There's no denying it...pediatric OTs love clothespins! Here's a fun fine motor idea for Halloween.
I got this great idea from a happy wanderer (please check out her blog for more great ideas).
These are the super-cute and creative spiders that she made:












And this is how I adapted the activity for my students:










1. Color a paper plate (my student quickly pointed out that it would be easier to paint the plate). A flat paper plate or black card stock would probably work better, but I was using what I had on hand.
2. Cut out shapes (I used orange circles and squares and white ovals for the eyes).
3. Glue the orange shapes to the plate (four on each side)
4. Color the eyes and glue them to the plate
5. I drew shapes on the clothespins and on the orange shapes and then had the student match the shapes to make the legs.

What are your favorite clothespin activities?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy: